Your phone is way more powerful than you can imagine and yet it often ends up in issues such as the Vivo Y21T screen flickering issue and it is annoying. Flickering is categorized as the odd glitching of the display as it flickers between different levels of brightness.
The problem could be anything from software-borne or hardware-borne. Here are some possible fixes you can employ to fix screen flickering issues of your Vivo Y21T:
As usual, you will fix a lot of issues on your Vivo Y21T (not hardware-related) using a simple reboot. What it does? It simply kill off foreground and background processes and apps and deallocates whatever resources the phone has gargled up. Since there are a lot of free resources to take, the screen flickering issue on your Vivo Y21T might be averted.
2: Disable Auto-brightness
It’s fairly common to gauge auto-brightness as a screen flickering issue as in both changes, the brightness flickers although the former needs ambient light to offset the brightness levels. Why don’t you try disabling auto-brightness as it could be causing the display issue to begin with? Here’s how you can do it.
- Firstly, go to Settings >> Display.
- Navigate to Adaptive Brightness and disable it.
- Alternatively, you can tap on the sun-shaped icon with a letter “A” written on it on the far right side of the brightness level adjuster on the notification panel to disable it (if it is enabled).
3: Update the Software [ Vivo Y21T screen flickering ]
If you think updating the software isn’t worth a while, wait till your Vivo Y21T begins to behave abnormally while executing certain tasks. Outdated software can introduce a series of bugs including the one triggering screen flickering issues. You have two options though, i.e. to upgrade to a newer firmware or downgrade to a stable firmware version. Check out the software updates via Settings >> System >> Software Updates.
4: Update all the Apps
If you are facing screen flickering or technically any issue on your Vivo Y21T, check if all the apps on your phone are upgraded to their latest firmware or not.
- Navigate to the My Apps and Games or Manage apps and devices section on Google Play Store.
- Check out the pending updates. Now, you can either individually select apps to update or hit the “Update All” button. So that all the apps will be updated together.
5: Disable Hardware Overlays [ Vivo Y21T screen flickering ]
When your Vivo Y21T is rendering graphics, it uses either CPU or GPU to carry out its job. Everything goes as per the plan but when a phone gets older or if it is damaged, it might face issues with screen compositing which is when layers of content on the screen that keeps updating itself begin to end up with minor delays. This introduces flickering issues and it can be disabled using developer options. Here’s how you can do it.
- Firstly, go to Settings >> About Phone. In the next step, tap on the Build icon seven times to get the “You are now a developer” message.
- Back up to Settings >> System >> Developer Options >> disable Hardware Overlays.
6: Check the Charging Cable
This doesn’t apply to all types of screen flickering issues. But some users may notice that whenever they connect their charger to the phone to charge the battery, the display ends up flickering or even freezing at times. This can happen with unofficial or incompatible charging bricks or cables which means you need to get rid of them. Buy a charging cable and charger from authorized stores.
To verify if the cable or the brick is responsible, borrow the same charger/cable from a friend or someone you know and plug it in. If the screen flickers, there’s something wrong with your Vivo Y21T. But if it doesn’t, your old charger/cable is at fault.
7: Check out the issue in Safe Mode
Safe Mode is another bootable partition in your Vivo Y21T. Which gets rid of all third-party apps allowing you to rest the system’s performance and more. Once you are in safe mode, if the phone flickers, more or less the problem is with the hardware of your Vivo Y21T. Here’s how you can boot into safe mode.
- First up, hold the power button pressed for a few seconds.
- You will see an option with the text written as power off to it to enter the safe mode.
- Once you have ascertained if the phone flickers in this mode or not, you can select the Restart option to boot into normal mode.
8: Try Factory Reset [ Vivo Y21T phone screen flickering ]
This is an extreme step since you will delete all data stored on your Vivo Y21T. You will have to take a backup before proceeding further. Here’s how you can perform a factory reset.
- Firstly, go to Settings >> System >> Reset Options.
- Tap on “Erase all data (factory reset) >> Reset all data”. The system will prompt you to enter a password so enter it and it is done.
- There’s an alternate method that requires you to go through Recovery Mode >> Wipe data/factory reset >> Yes — delete all user data” and it is done.
9: Take it to a Authorized Service Center
If all is said and done but nothing is helping you, it is likely a hardware issue. This needs to be dealt with by a technician unless you want to experiment yourself (which we don’t suggest). If your Vivo Y21T is in warranty, it’s better to visit an authorized center. Otherwise, you will eventually void the warranty by taking the phone to a local service center.
Screen flickering can happen because of software issues, water damage, physical damage, or if there’s some issue with the charging cable. Thus, these methods mentioned above should help fix the issue. If not, you have the 9th method to bypass it all.