The days of transferring photos and other files over Bluetooth are long gone. It can be connected to wireless earphones and headphones, car entertainment systems, and other handy gadgets, however some people still use it for that. The Motorola Edge 20 Pro Bluetooth connection issue is alarming to observe because it can prevent you from connecting to any Bluetooth-enabled device.
In addition to this issue, Bluetooth might cause other issues. The fact that your phone is unable to find other Bluetooth devices, the fact that the device has connected but no music is playing, the fact that the connection keeps dropping, etc. are all additional issues. Here’s how to fix the Bluetooth connection issue with your Motorola Edge 20 Pro if it truly describes it.
How To Fix Motorola Edge 20 Pro Bluetooth Connection Problem?
Toggle Bluetooth option
It should go without saying that this method is easy to apply and commonly successful. The fact that your Motorola Edge 20 Pro didn’t activate Bluetooth when you asked it to is the reason you were able to connect automatically. A minor software issue that can be rectified with this method is another possibility.
- Taking away the notification window
- Tap Bluetooth once to turn it off (as it was enabled at first).
- Tap it repeatedly before using it. Next, check to see if the Motorola Edge 20 Pro’s Bluetooth connection problem has been resolved.
Toggle Airplane Mode [ Motorola Edge 20 Pro Bluetooth Connection Problem ]
In the event that your initial plan fails, you can try this one. You are essentially detaching your Motorola Edge 20 Pro from all external connections by briefly using Airplane Mode. Once you deactivate it, all of the connections will be established again.
- Consider the Notice Pane lowered
- Tap “Airplane Mode” once to enable it. then pause.
- After a few minutes, turn it off and turn on Bluetooth to pair with any Bluetooth device.
- Verify the efficacy of this troubleshooting method.
Restart your Motorola Edge 20 Pro
The primary idea behind the hat-trick method is to leave your phone on standby in the hopes that it will fix any software problems it has with the Bluetooth capability. Why not attempt? It should be effective for many folks.
- After momentarily tapping the power button, choose “Reboot”.
- If “Power Off” was selected, you must long-press the power button once again to switch it back on.
- Check to verify if the Bluetooth connectivity issue with your Motorola Edge 20 Pro has been fixed.
Forget and Re-connect [ Motorola Edge 20 Pro Bluetooth Connection Problem ]
Your Motorola Edge 20 Pro is trying in vain to pair with a Bluetooth speaker, TWS, or any other device. If this is your first time connecting your phone to that particular device, many complications could occur (that we will get back to later). However, if you are connecting to a device that has already been linked, the following troubleshooting method might work.
- Go to Settings >> Bluetooth to locate the device you want to connect to.
- Tap the gear-shaped icon or the three dots to access “More Options,” then select “Forget” or “Unpair.”
- Hold on a second.
- Prior to connecting with your Motorola Edge 20 Pro, the second device you wanted to connect with must turn on Bluetooth.
- See if pairing with it fixes the upcoming Bluetooth problem or not.
Connected but with issues
Imagine you were connected to a Bluetooth TWS when you tried to contact someone, but there was no audio. Another possibility is that you have audio but a broken built-in microphone. Although it’s possible that both of them work, it seems odd that you can’t hear any music or movie sounds. It might not be unusual, but the circumstances made it seem that way. What’s on your Motorola Edge 20 Pro phone:
- By heading to Settings >> Bluetooth >> Settings, you can find the Bluetooth device you’re connected to (More Options).
- Various settings on many Android phones control which services Bluetooth TWSs (or other devices) will accept. You may have chosen not to participate in phone conversations, input, or media playback, resulting in each of the three concerns we mentioned above.
The issue will be immediately resolved if these services are enabled.
Clear Cache [ Motorola Edge 20 Pro Bluetooth Connection Problem ]
Another potential problem that can hinder your Motorola Edge 20 Pro phone from effectively connecting to Bluetooth devices is the Bluetooth cache. It turns out that clearing the Bluetooth cache is the only real fix for this issue. This is the procedure.
- first navigate to Settings >> Apps.
- Perhaps check “Show System Apps” for Bluetooth.
- To locate it, go to Bluetooth >> Storage.
- To finish the task, simply click the “Clear Data” and “Clear Cache” buttons.
- Re-pairing to the problematic Bluetooth device will be required, but at least that will solve the issue as soon as possible.
Distance and interference
People frequently forget that Bluetooth cannot operate over very long distances and that even while connected, interferences can prohibit services from continuing. As a result, when using TWS earbuds with your Motorola Edge 20 Pro, audio crackling may occur when you step away from the device.
Maybe get closer to the Bluetooth device and reduce interference from walls or other objects between your Motorola Edge 20 Pro and the problematic Bluetooth device to resolve the connection issue.
Try it out with other phones
You are unable to connect to a Bluetooth speaker, wearable technology, or let’s say wireless headphones for some reason. So, try connecting these devices to a different Android phone. If it is successful, there is a problem with your Motorola Edge 20 Pro. But not the other way around.
Did you check for compatibility?
You should be aware that there are many Bluetooth generations, and depending on the generation your Motorola Edge 20 Pro has and the device you are connected to, you may or may not be able to connect. It’s possible that the Bluetooth device you’re trying to connect to only supports older versions, although newer Android phones might support Bluetooth v5.0 and other technologies. Verify the generation and make sure it’s compatible.
There might be additional methods for connecting Bluetooth devices as well. Others might require a passcode to be entered on a different device once a passcode was flashed on one device, while still others would demand a rapid connection or your consent to pair. So make sure to look it over as well. It’s possible that you’re connected incorrectly.
Reset Network Settings [ Motorola Edge 20 Pro Bluetooth Connection Problem ]
If your Motorola Edge 20 Proconnection issue was caused by wrong settings, there is a lot that can be modified in the network settings, and a simple reset would work the trick.
- Under Settings, you can find Reset Network Settings.
- If you follow the instructions on the screen, you should be able to reset Network Settings immediately.
- Check to check if the problem has been resolved by restarting your Motorola Edge 20 Pro device.
Update the firmware
If there are any problems on your end, a software update can resolve them. The OEM should be able to recognise the Bluetooth connection if your Motorola Edge 20 Pro is still receiving updates. Here is information about searching for software updates.
- Select Settings, System, and then Software Updates. Check for updates.
- If you discover one, download it and instal it.
- Start your Motorola Edge 20 Pro device from scratch to see if the problem persists.
Here are a few helpful options you may use to fix the Bluetooth connection problem you are having with the Motorola Edge 20 Pro. I wish you well in finding a solution.