Would you like to quickly check your Instagram or send a text message to a friend on WhatsApp? Perhaps you even want to trade stocks on the National Stock Exchange. Whatever your intention, accessing the internet is crucial, and if you don’t have access to Wi-Fi, the best way to do so is by using mobile data. However, if you’re having trouble with your Xiaomi Mi 11, and mobile data isn’t working, either because it won’t turn on or isn’t providing internet access, what could be the problem?
Are you experiencing one of the most exasperating issues with your Xiaomi Mi 11, where mobile data isn’t working? If so, it’s crucial to fix this problem as soon as possible. Fortunately, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we will provide you with a comprehensive guide on how to resolve the mobile data not working issue on your Xiaomi Mi 11. So, keep reading.
During our team’s research on this topic, we discovered that certain products can enhance the network strength within your home. Did you hear about Signal Booster created by SureCall? Although we have not tested it yet, the product appears to be highly popular on Amazon with over 3.3K ratings.
We’re not obligating you to purchase it, but if you’re intrigued, feel free to give it a shot. In the interest of transparency, we want to disclose that the link we provided is an affiliate link.
What is the solution to resolve Xiaomi Mi 11 mobile data not working issue?
Toggle Mobile Data
It’s undoubtedly the easiest troubleshooting method you may have ever attempted – simply turn OFF the mobile data on your phone, wait a few seconds, and then turn it back ON. This simple process should resolve any temporary software or network-related glitches on your device.
Toggle Airplane Mode [ Mobile Data not working on Xiaomi Mi 11 ]
Did the first method fail? If so, you can utilize this method to resolve any temporary issues with mobile data on your Xiaomi Mi 11. By activating airplane mode, all external connections are effectively disabled. This method is commonly employed to address network-related problems and is therefore recommended. Keep it activated for a few seconds before deactivating it to determine whether mobile data is functioning correctly or not.
Check if you have run out of data
If you frequently stream videos or play games using mobile data, there is a possibility of running out of data depending on the daily quota. Some carriers do not send notifications when approaching or exceeding the data limit, making it easy to exceed the limit. It’s essential to verify whether data is still available or not. If you need to use the internet via mobile data on your phone, consider purchasing additional data.
Check the current Network Preference/Mode
The network type your Xiaomi Mi 11 operates on can be 2G only, 3G/4G, 4G only, or others. However, if you have subscribed to 2G or 3G only and attempt to connect to 4G, it will not be possible due to the settings not supporting newer generations. While most devices are only compatible with 4G, if you have a 5G phone, you can also sign up for 5G.
This is how you can modify the settings.
- First up, navigate to Settings >> Network & Internet.
- Next, tap on “Mobile Network >> Preferred Network Type”.
- To enable automatic sign-up for an available network, it is necessary to choose the recommended network type.
Remove SIM and re-insert [ Mobile Data not working on Xiaomi Mi 11 ]
Repeatedly removing and inserting SIM cards or other irritants can cause scratches and scuffs on the integrated chip, which may lead to its malfunctioning.
- Activate airplane mode and keep it enabled.
- Power off your Xiaomi Mi 11.
- Clean the SIM card with a clean tissue or cloth, but don’t scrub it too hard.
- Re-insert the SIM card and reboot the phone.
- Next, disable the airplane mode.
- Make sure this restores mobile data access on your Xiaomi Mi 11.
Check for any intermittent issues
So, your phone has a SIM or two and you are not able to use mobile data or one or both. What could be wrong? Is it worth contacting your carrier to ask? You may be experiencing intermittent or temporary problems with mobile data or call connectivity with the carrier. You may want to consider switching carriers if this is a prolonged issue and make sure that the Xiaomi Mi 11 mobile data issue is still intact.
Reset APN Settings [ Mobile Data not working on Xiaomi Mi 11 ]
There are many settings involved in getting your phone to work with mobile data, including port, IP address, getaway, etc. All these settings are under Access Point Names (APNs), which include port, IP address, getaway, etc. Mobile data and other services can become unreliable or unstable temporarily if APN settings are incorrectly altered. They can be fixed, though.
- Firstly, open Settings and go to SIM & network Settings >> select a SIM card (if you have dual SIMs).
- Proceed to Access Point Names.
- The selected APN will have three dotted vertical lines or cogwheels, so tap on them and select “Reset to default”.
- That should do the trick.
Set APN to IPv4/IPv6 [ Mobile Data not working on Xiaomi Mi 11 ]
Android smartphones allow you to change the APN protocol, which allows you to choose IPv4 or IPV6 or both. This can be done in the Settings app itself. Here’s how.
- Go to Settings >> SIM & network settings >> select the SIM card >> Access Point Names and tap on the APN mentioned to edit.
- Regardless of what it is set to, scroll to “APN protocol” and change it to “IPv4/IPv6”.
- Make sure the mobile data is working now.
Clear Cache partition
The cache is vital for making your system boot up and applications run faster. Unfortunately, it can also be the root of numerous issues like phone lagging or freezing, unresponsive screen, performance hiccups, random frame drops, or even WiFi not working. To get rid of such problems, you should wipe out the cache partition in your Xiaomi Mi 11 – here are the steps to follow.
For this to work, you will need to boot into recovery mode.
- Switch off your Xiaomi Mi 11.
- You need to press and hold Power + Volume UP or Power + Volume DOWN until the phone restarts and boots into recovery mode, then leave the buttons.
- The next step is to wipe the cache partition using the volume rockers as navigation keys and the power button as a selection key.
Reset phone’s Network Settings
Your phone may have had its network settings altered either by you or by someone else. In either case, resetting it to the default settings should fix the problem.
- Access to Settings >> System >> Reset Options.
- Reset “Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth”.
- Select the SIM card you want to reset and hit the “Reset Settings”.
- Enter the PIN/Password if asked and you should be able to put the settings to reset.
Ask help [ Mobile Data not working on Xiaomi Mi 11 ]
Can’t figure out what’s wrong? A technician from a nearby service center (preferably an authorized one) should be able to help. Do be aware that going to a local service center will void the warranty.
And that’s how you fix the Mobile Data not working on your Xiaomi Mi 11.
Also read: Xiaomi Mi 11 Bluetooth Connection Problem? Fix it