Do you want to have a glance on your Instagram for a second? Maybe send a quick text to a friend on WhatsApp? Or maybe trade stocks on the National Stock Exchange? Well, all that requires an internet connection, and what better way to get it than mobile data unless you have Wi-Fi handy. Turns out Mobile Data Or Cellular Data isn’t working on your Vivo Y15s. It either isn’t turning ON or turns ON but the internet isn’t working? What’s happening exactly?
Could you be facing one of the most frustrating issues in the world i.e. mobile data not working on your Vivo Y15s? Well, it seems so and it is something you would want to fix at the earliest. Turns out you have come to the right page as here, we will be briefing you on how to fix mobile data not working on your Vivo Y15s problems so read along.
When our team was doing research on this topic, we found that there are some products that can help to improve network strength in your home. Did you hear about Signal Booster created by SureCall? We haven’t tested it yet but it looks like the product is currently very popular on Amazon with 3.3K+ ratings.
We aren’t forcing you to buy it but if you’re interested then you can give it a try. To be transparent we would like to mention that the link we provided is an affiliate.
How To Fix Mobile Data Not Working On Vivo Y15s?
Toggle Mobile Data
No doubt it is the easiest of troubleshooting methods you might have ever tried. All you have to do is to turn OFF mobile data on your phone. Wait for a few seconds before turning it ON. That’s pretty much all you can do. This should fix any temporary bug related to the software or network capability on your device.
Toggle Airplane Mode [ Mobile Data not working on Vivo Y15s ]
The first method didn’t work, did it? You can use this method to fix any temporary mobile data not working on your Vivo Y15s. When you engage in airplane mode, you are basically putting all the external connections to rest. This method is widely popular to fix any network-related issue and thus, it is something you should do as well. Keep it engaged for a few seconds and disengage it to check whether mobile data works or not.
Check if you have run out of data
If you are someone who streams a lot of videos or plays games on mobile data, there are chances that you will run out of data depending upon the data quota you have for the day. Since not all carriers send out notifications when you are nearing or at the end of the data limit, it is easy to go overboard. Check if you still have data left or not. Buy additional data if you want to access the internet on your phone via mobile data.
Check the current Network Preference/Mode
Your Vivo Y15s operates on the network type so it could be 2G only, 3G/4G, 4G only, etc. Turns out if you are subscribed to 2G or 3G only and trying to connect to 4G, it won’t be possible because the settings don’t sign up for further generations. Of course, if you have a 5G phone, you can sign up with 5G as well while the majority of devices are 4G compatible only.
Here’s how you can change the settings.
- First up, go to Settings >> Network & Internet.
- Next up, tap on “Mobile Network >> Preferred Network Type”.
- You need to select the recommended network type so that the system will automatically sign up for the network available.
Remove SIM and re-insert [ Mobile Data not working on Vivo Y15s ]
Scratches and scuffs can cause a SIM card to malfunction since, at the end of the day, it is an integrated chip. Scratches can happen if you repeatedly remove and insert SIM cards or these other irritants causing abrasions.
- Turn ON airplane mode and keep it enabled.
- Turn off your Vivo Y15s.
- Remove the SIM card and wipe it with a clean tissue or cloth but don’t abrase it much.
- Re-insert the SIM card and reboot the phone.
- Next, turn OFF the airplane mode.
- Check if this restores mobile data access on your Vivo Y15s Or not.
Check for any intermittent issues
So, your phone has a SIM or two and you aren’t able to use mobile data or one or both. What could be the problem? Why don’t you just call the carrier and ask? There could be intermittent or temporary issues with mobile data or call connectivity with the carrier which is why you are facing this issue. If this is a prolonged issue, consider porting to a different carrier and verify if the mobile data not working on your Vivo Y15s is still intact or not.
Reset APN Settings [ Mobile Data not working on Vivo Y15s ]
Your phone doesn’t magically start working on mobile data allowing internet access but there are many settings involved. All these settings come under Access Point Names (APNs) which include port, IP address, getaway, etc. Turns out incorrectly altered APN settings can render mobile data or other services unusable or unstable temporarily. Fixing them does the trick though.
- First up, open Settings and go to SIM & network Settings >> select a SIM card (if you have dual SIMs).
- Proceed to Access Point Names.
- You will find three dotted vertical line or cogwheel options somewhere against the selected APN so tap on it and hit the “Reset to default” option.
- That should do the job.
Set APN to IPv4/IPv6 [ Mobile Data not working on Vivo Y15s ]
You can alter the APN protocol on selected Android smartphones which allows you either to select IPv4 or IPV6 or both which is automatically adjusted. You will find the same settings in the Settings app itself. Here’s how you can tweak it.
- Navigate to Settings >> SIM & network settings >> select the SIM card >> Access Point Names and tap on the APN mentioned to edit.
- Scroll to find “APN protocol” and set it to “IPv4/IPv6” irrespective of what it is set to.
- Check if the mobile data is working now or not.
Clear Cache partition
The cache is what your system uses to boot up and operate apps faster than they are supported on retrieval. However, the cache can cause more problems than you can think. In fact, it is behind the majority of the issues, be it phone lagging or freezing, unresponsive screen, performance issues, frame drops, WiFi or other functions not working, and so on. There’s a cache partition on your Vivo Y15s that you need to wipe which is how you will be able to eliminate any ill effects due to this. Here’s how you can do it about.
Apparently, you will have to boot into recovery mode to get this done so follow this.
- Turn off your Vivo Y15s.
- Depending upon what make and model of phone you use, it is either Power + Volume UP or Power + Volume DOWN that you need to press and hold until the phone restarts and boots into a recovery mode that is when you leave the buttons.
- The next thing you need to do is to proceed to wipe cache partition using volume rockers as navigational keys and the power button as the selection key.
Reset phone’s Network Settings
Perhaps network settings on your phone have been altered either by you or someone or it happened mistakenly. In any case, resetting it to the default settings should do the trick. Here’s how.
- Go to Settings >> System >> Reset Options.
- Reset “Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth”.
- Select the SIM card you want to reset and hit the “Reset Settings”.
- Enter the PIN/Password if asked and you should be able to put the settings to reset.
Seek help [ Mobile Data not working on Vivo Y15s ]
Can’t seem to find what’s wrong? A technician at a nearby service center (preferably an authorized one) should help you. Yeah, you can go to a local service center but that should void the warranty so beware.
And that’s how you fix the Mobile Data not working on your Vivo Y15s.