You want to look at your Instagram for a moment? Would you like to send a quick text to a friend on WhatsApp? Do you want to trade stocks on the National Stock Exchange? Well, all that needs an internet connection. If you don’t have Wi-Fi handy, mobile data is the best way to get an internet connection. It appears that Mobile Data Or Cellular Data on your Samsung Galaxy A12 isn’t working. It may be that the connection isn’t turning on or that it is on but the internet isn’t working? What’s happening exactly?
Are you experiencing one of the most frustrating issues in the world – mobile data not working on your Samsung Galaxy A12? If so, you’re in the right place. In this article, we will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to fix this problem and get your mobile data working again on your Samsung Galaxy A12. So, keep reading.
During our team’s research on this topic, we discovered that certain products exist that can enhance the network strength in your home. Did you hear about Signal Booster created by SureCall? Although we have not yet conducted testing, it appears that the product is highly sought after on Amazon, as it has received over 3,300 ratings.
We are not pressuring you to purchase, but if you are intrigued, feel free to give it a try. For complete transparency, we want to inform you that the link we shared is an affiliate link.
Mobile Data Not Working On Samsung Galaxy A12, What can I do?
Toggle Mobile Data
Undoubtedly, one of the simplest troubleshooting methods you can try is to turn OFF mobile data on your phone, wait a few seconds, and then turn it back ON. This should resolve any temporary bugs related to the software or network capability on your device.
Toggle Airplane Mode [ Mobile Data not working on Samsung Galaxy A12 ]
If the initial method didn’t prove successful, try using this alternative method to fix temporary mobile data issues on your Samsung Galaxy A12. Engaging airplane mode temporarily disconnects all external connections. This a widely popular method for resolving network-related issues. Simply activate airplane mode for a few seconds, then deactivate it and check if mobile data is working properly.
Verify if you have exhausted your data
If you frequently stream videos or play games on mobile data, it’s possible that you may exceed your daily data quota without realizing it. As some carriers do not send notifications when you are approaching or reaching your data limit, it can be easy to go over. Check if you still have data left or not. Consider purchasing additional data if you wish to continue using the internet on your phone through mobile data.
Verify the current Network Preference/Mode
The network type that your Samsung Galaxy A12 operates on can vary, such as being 2G only, 3G/4G, or 4G only. However, if you are only subscribed to 2G or 3G and attempt to connect to 4G, it will not be possible as the settings do not support higher generations. Additionally, if you have a 5G phone, you have the option to connect to 5G networks, but most devices are only compatible with 4G.
Here’s how you can alter the settings.
- First up, go to Settings >> Network & Internet.
- Next up, tap on “Mobile Network >> Preferred Network Type”.
- To ensure automatic sign up for the available network, it is important to select the recommended network type.
Remove SIM and re-insert [ Mobile Data not working on Samsung Galaxy A12 ]
Scratches and scuffs on a SIM card can lead to malfunction, as it is essentially a small integrated chip. These scratches may occur from repeatedly removing and inserting the SIM card or from other abrasive materials.
- Turn ON airplane mode and keep it enabled.
- Power off your Samsung Galaxy A12.
- Remove the SIM card and gently wipe it with a clean tissue or cloth but don’t abrase it much.
- Re-insert the SIM card and restart the phone.
- Next, disable the airplane mode.
- Determine if this restores mobile data access on your Samsung Galaxy A12 or not.
Inspect for any intermittent issues
So, your phone has a SIM or two and you are unable to use mobile data or one or both, there may be a problem. To determine the cause, it is best to contact your carrier and ask for assistance. There may be temporary or intermittent issues with mobile data or call connectivity with the carrier. If this is a prolonged issue, consider switching to a different carrier to see if the mobile data issue on your Samsung Galaxy A12 is resolved.
Reset APN Settings [ Mobile Data not working on Samsung Galaxy A12 ]
Your phone does not automatically connect to mobile data and provide internet access. Instead, there are various settings that need to be configured, known as Access Point Names (APNs). These settings include the port, IP address, and gateway. If these settings are altered incorrectly, it can cause mobile data or other services to become unstable or even unusable. However, by correcting the APN settings, the issue can be resolved.
- To begin, navigate to Settings and then SIM & network Settings >> select a SIM card (if you have dual SIMs).
- Move on to Access Point Names.
- Locate the three dotted vertical line or cogwheel options next to the selected APN, tap on it, and select the “Reset to default” option.
- That should accomplish the task.
Set APN to IPv4/IPv6 [ Mobile Data not working on Samsung Galaxy A12 ]
On certain Android smartphones, you have the option to change the APN protocol settings. This allows you to choose between using IPv4, IPv6, or a combination of both. These settings can be found and adjusted in the Settings app on your device. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to make these changes.
- Go to Settings >> SIM & network settings >> select the SIM card >> Access Point Names and tap on the APN mentioned to edit.
- Scroll to find “APN protocol” and set it to “IPv4/IPv6” regardless of its current setting.
- Verify that the mobile data is working now or not.
Clear Cache partition
Your system uses a cache to quickly boot up and run apps, but it can also cause a variety of problems such as phone lag, freezing, unresponsive screens, performance issues, frame drops, and malfunctioning WiFi or other functions not working, and so on. To eliminate these issues, you can wipe the cache partition on your Samsung Galaxy A12. Here’s how to do it.
Apparently, you will need to boot into recovery mode to accomplish this task so follow this.
- Switch off your Samsung Galaxy A12.
- The combination of buttons needed to enter recovery mode on your phone varies depending on the make and model. It can either be Power + Volume UP or Power + Volume DOWN. To access recovery mode, press and hold the designated buttons until the phone restarts, then release the buttons.
- The next step is to use the volume rockers as navigation keys and the power button as the selection key to wipe the cache partition.
Reset phone’s Network Settings
It is possible that the network settings on your phone have been changed, whether intentionally or accidentally. To fix this issue, try resetting the settings back to their default state. Here is a guide on how to do so.
- Go to Settings >> System >> Reset Options.
- Reset “Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth”.
- Select the SIM card you want to reset and hit the “Reset Settings”.
- If prompted, enter your PIN or password, and the settings should be able to be reset.
Ask help [ Mobile Data not working on Samsung Galaxy A12 ]
If you are having trouble identifying the problem, it is recommended that you seek assistance from a technician at a nearby authorized service center. However, please be aware that visiting a local service center may void the warranty.
And that’s how you resolve the issue of Mobile Data not functioning on your Samsung Galaxy A12.