Would you mind taking a quick look at your Instagram? Maybe text a friend quickly via WhatsApp? Alternatively, why not trade equities on the NASDAQ? If you don’t have access to Wi-Fi, mobile data is the best option to get an internet connection for all of those things. It appears that your Motorola Moto G Stylus 5G isn’t compatible with mobile data or cellular data. The internet either doesn’t work or doesn’t turn on at all? What exactly is happening?
Could you be dealing with one of the most annoying problems in the world, where your Motorola Moto G Stylus 5G’s mobile data isn’t working? It certainly seems like way, and you should repair it as soon as possible. You’ve actually arrived at the correct place, so continue reading to learn how to fix the mobile data issues with your Motorola Moto G Stylus 5G.
Our team discovered that there are several products that can aid to strengthen the network in your home during our investigation on the subject. Did you hear about Signal Booster created by SureCall? Although we haven’t tested it yet, the product appears to be fairly well-liked right now on Amazon with over 3.3K ratings.
We’re not pressuring you to buy it, but if you’re curious, you can test it. We would want to make it clear that the link we gave is an affiliate in order to be completely honest.
How To Fix Mobile Data Not Working On Motorola Moto G Stylus 5G?
Toggle Mobile Data
It is without a doubt the simplest method of troubleshooting you have ever used. Simply turning off mobile data on your phone is all that is necessary. Before turning it ON, wait a short while. It isn’t much else you can do. Any momentary issue with your device’s software or network functionality should now be resolved.
Toggle Airplane Mode [ Mobile Data not working on Motorola Moto G Stylus 5G ]
Did the initial approach fail to be successful? This technique can be used to resolve any temporary mobile data issues with your Motorola Moto G Stylus 5G. By switching to aeroplane mode, you essentially sever all external connections. This strategy is widely used to resolve any network-related issue, therefore you should use it as well. To test whether mobile data functions, keep it engaged for a short period of time before disengaging it.
Check if you have run out of data
Depending on your daily data allotment, there is a potential that you will run out of data if you stream a lot of videos or play games on mobile. It is simple to go over your data limit because not all carriers send you notifications when you are getting close to or past it. Verify whether you have any remaining data. If you want to use mobile data to access the internet on your phone, you must purchase more data.
Check the current Network Preference/Mode
The network type that your Motorola Moto G Stylus 5G uses may be 2G only, 3G/4G, 4G exclusively, etc. It turns out that trying to connect to 4G if you only have a 2G or 3G subscription won’t work because the settings aren’t set up for future generations. While the majority of devices are only 4G compatible, you can sign up for 5G if you have a 5G phone.
Here’s how you can change the settings.
- Go to Settings >> Network & Internet to start.
- Tap “Mobile Network >> Preferred Network Type” after that.
- In order for the system to automatically sign up for the network that is available, you must choose the suggested network type.
Remove SIM and re-insert [ Mobile Data not working on Motorola Moto G Stylus 5G ]
Since a SIM card is ultimately an integrated chip, scratches and scuffs may cause it to malfunction. If you often remove and reinstall SIM cards or use these additional irritants that cause abrasions, scratches may result.
- Activate and maintain aeroplane mode.
- Put your Motorola Moto G Stylus 5G to sleep.
- Remove the SIM card, then lightly wipe it with a clean tissue or cloth.
- Restart the phone after reinserting the SIM card.
- After that, disable the aeroplane mode.
- Check to see if your Motorola Moto G Stylus 5G now has access to mobile data.
Check for any intermittent issues
Because of this, neither one of your phone’s SIM cards, nor both, may be used for mobile data. What might the issue be? Why don’t you simply ask the provider over the phone? You may be experiencing this problem because of sporadic or transient problems with your mobile carrier’s call or data connectivity. If this problem persists, think about switching carriers and check to see if your Motorola Moto G Stylus 5G’s mobile data is still functional.
Reset APN Settings [ Mobile Data not working on Motorola Moto G Stylus 5G ]
There are other settings involved, so your phone doesn’t just suddenly start using mobile data to give access to the internet. Access Point Names (APNs), which contain port, IP address, getaway, etc., are the umbrella term for all these variables. It turns out that wrongly modified APN settings might temporarily disable or disrupt other services, including mobile data. However, fixing them is effective.
- Go to SIM & network Settings under Settings first, then choose a SIM card (if you have dual SIMs).
- Continually go to Access Point Names.
- Choose the “Reset to default” option by tapping on the three dotted vertical lines or cogwheels that are present next to the selected APN.
- It ought should work after that.
Set APN to IPv4/IPv6 [ Mobile Data not working on Motorola Moto G Stylus 5G ]
On some Android handsets, the APN protocol can be changed so that you can choose between IPv4 and IPv6 or both, which are immediately adjusted. The Settings app itself contains the same settings. Here’s how to make changes to it.
- Access Point Names can be edited by going to Settings >> SIM & network settings >> selecting the SIM card, and then tapping on the given APN.
- Whatever it is configured to, scroll to locate “APN protocol” and change it to “IPv4/IPv6.”
- Check to see if the mobile data is now operational.
Clear Cache partition
Your system uses the cache to launch and run apps more quickly than their retrieval-based support allows. The cache, though, can lead to more issues than you might imagine. In fact, it is to blame for the majority of problems, including WiFi or other functions not working, frame drops, performance problems, phone lagging or freezing, and unresponsive screens. You must delete the cache partition on your Motorola Moto G Stylus 5G in order to get rid of any negative consequences caused by this. Here is how you can go about doing that.
It appears that in order to accomplish this, you must boot into recovery mode, therefore do as instructed.
- Put your Motorola Moto G Stylus 5G to sleep.
- Depending on the brand and model of your phone, you must press and hold either Power + Volume UP or Power + Volume DOWN until the device restarts and enters recovery mode. At that point, you can release the buttons.
- The next step is to proceed with wiping the cache partition. To do this, use the volume rockers as directional buttons and the power button as a selection key.
Reset phone’s Network Settings
Your phone’s network settings may have been changed accidentally or by you, another person, or both. Anyhow, returning it to its default settings should solve the problem. How? Read on.
- Reset Options can be found under Settings >> System.
- ‘Wi-Fi, mobile, & Bluetooth’ reset.
- Click “Reset Settings” after selecting the SIM card you want to reset.
- If requested, enter the PIN or password, and you should be able to reset the settings.
Seek help [ Mobile Data not working on Motorola Moto G Stylus 5G ]
unable to identify the issue? You should get assistance from a technician at a nearby service location, ideally an authorised one. Yes, you can visit a nearby service centre, but be aware that doing so could void your warranty.
And that’s how you solve your Motorola Moto G Stylus 5G’s malfunctioning mobile data.