Android smartphones are great thanks to their assortment of apps spread across different genres and categories. The Google Play Store is a bustling marketplace of apps where you will certainly get tens of hundreds of apps if you search for any requirements or needs. Say crypto or to-do list apps and there are hundreds available at your disposal. However, isn’t it annoying that your Huawei P30 lite won’t able to install or update apps in Google Play Store?
This doesn’t happen usually but there’s a slim possibility that you could be facing this issue throwing you off the rails. If that’s something that’s bugging you, here’s a troubleshooting guide on how you can fix the Huawei P30 lite won’t install or update apps in Google Play Store.
How To Fix Huawei P30 lite Won’t Install or Update Apps in Google Play Store?
Check the Internet Connection
The first thing you gotta do is to check whether the internet connection is in working condition or not. It may be having issues that’s why the apps aren’t installing or updating when using Google Play Store. Check with your ISP to rule out this possibility. If not, proceed with the next troubleshooting methods.
Check Time and Date Settings
You might be aware that WhatsApp doesn’t work properly sometimes when the time and date settings are misconfigured or incorrect. The same can happen with your Huawei P30 lite whereas Google Play Store is unable to detect the time and thus, poses a problem in allowing installation or update for an app from within the marketplace. Here’s how to fix it up.
- Go to Settings >> System >> Date & Time. Note that some devices have Settings >> Date & Time settings or other sub-options to go through. You can also search for Date & Time Settings within the Settings app for ease.
- Next, toggle ON the “Set time automatically” and “Set time zone automatically” and that should allow the phone to update the time based on the network provider.
- Check if Google Play Store is now working properly or not.
Disable Bluetooth [ Huawei P30 lite won’t install apps in Google Play Store ]
According to some of the users, Bluetooth turned ON when using Google Play Store to either install a new app or update an existing one was the cause behind this issue. Turns out disabling Bluetooth does work in some cases if not all. You can try it too. In your Huawei P30 lite phone, simply roll out the notification panel and turn OFF Bluetooth if enabled. If not, try another method listed here.
Force Stop Google Play Store
Are you facing problems installing or updating new apps on Google Play Store on a regular basis? Try force-stopping the Google Play Store app in your Huawei P30 lite and this should work in your favor.
- Go to the home screen or app drawer and locate Google Play Store.
- Next up, long press on the Google Play Store app icon and go to App Info.
- You need to tap on “Force Stop” which will stop the app abruptly.
- Hold on for a few minutes before launching the Play Store.
- Check whether the problem is the same or not.
Reboot the device [ Huawei P30 lite won’t install apps in Google Play Store ]
Turns out rebooting the device does make a lot of sense. This is because your phone has a lot to do and may end up in software glitches or errors at times. The simple way around is to reboot the device. That’s it, this is an all-powerful method.
Free Up Some Storage
Since you are searching for a fix on a Huawei P30 lite, it is completely safe to assume that you are using an Android phone. Turns out Android phones have issues with proper RAM and storage management on the majority of the devices if not all. Turns out lack or low storage internal storage can play a vital role in disabling your ability to download or update new apps. This certainly happens with smartphones with 8/16/32GB storage but even if you are using a 64GB variant (or higher), lack of storage can hit you hard too.
The best way to get rid of this issue is to simply free up the internal storage from your Huawei P30 lite. All you have to do is to delete unwanted files, photos, videos, backups, etc and this should give you sufficient storage. We recommend keeping at least 10GB free on a 64GB storage although the more the merrier.
Clear Cache of Google Play Store
Turns out you can’t just name the storage and not include issues as a result of clogged or accumulated cache files. Many times, you will end up facing issues with your phone’s Google Play Store app due to issues with cache and the best way to get rid of this issue is to get rid of the cache altogether. Here’s how you can do it on a Huawei P30 lite phone:
- Go to Settings >> Apps & Notifications.
- Next up, find Google Play Store from the list and go to its Storage section.
- Now, press both the buttons that say “Clear Cache” and “Clear Data” and that should give your phone headroom to breathe. If not, try other methods listed here.
Uninstall Google Play Store Updates
If you find that the Google Play Store is troubling you because it is outdated, try uninstalling the existing updates on the Google Play Store app. It could be a problem. You can download the updates once you launch the app and it pretty much happens automatically.
- Find the Google Play Store app icon on the home screen or app drawer and long-press on it.
- Select “App Info”.
- Next, click on the “More” option in the top-right corner.
- You need to “Uninstall Updates” right here.
- When you launch the Google Play Store again, the updates should be automatically installed.
Update the Android OS [ Huawei P30 lite won’t install apps in Google Play Store ]
Troubled Google Play Store can throw you off the rails as you cannot update or install an app on your phone unless you stick to sideloading all the time. Turns out updating the Android OS can do the job too. All you gotta do is check if your phone’s Android OS has gone out of date. If yes, update it. If not, leave it idle. Here’s how you can do it though.
- On your Huawei P30 lite phone, go to its Settings.
- Next, proceed to System >> Advanced >> System Update. Note that some devices have System >> Software Updates while some Android phones will have a different “Software Updates” section altogether.
- Now, you need to run the process of checking if there’s an update available or not.
- If yes, it is time to download and install it assuming that you are connected to a sound WiFi network.
- If not, you can either wait or you can go for custom ROMs that should solve the problem for you.
Although using a Google Account shouldn’t be a problem on Google Play Store’s inability to update or install apps, a subset of users may find this particular to be true. In such cases, removing Google Account from your Huawei P30 lite and re-logging in can save the day. You will get the settings related to Google Account via Settings >> Accounts. Remove it and pair your device with the same or a different Google account and verify if the problem is the same or not.
There you have it. A list of troubleshooting methods to fix Huawei P30 lite won’t install or update apps in Google Play Store and hope that you are able to fix this issue as well.