It goes without saying, Google Play Store is a part of Google Mobile Services (GMS) apps that Android smartphones arrive with by default. Google Play Store is all-powerful as it enables users to download and update apps, find and read books, patch up security updates, find movies, and much more. However, what happens if you accidentally or say intentionally deleted this App. The question is, can you (& how to) reinstall Google Play Store on your Vivo V21 phone?
Can you patch up new updates to Google Play Store in case you uninstall the updates instead of the app itself? Well, if these are the questions that are popped up in your mind, here’s the answer.
Google Play Store & Why You Need It On Your Vivo V21
Google Play Store is where you will get your hands on millions of apps and games at your disposal. Search for any term and you should get hundreds and thousands of results with just a click. Apart from that, your Vivo V21 has myriad of digital content including movies, TV, books, and more that you can get with the Google Play Store.
Perhaps, it also helps with updating the apps, keeping the system stabilized with security patches, and more. There are a myriad of functions in the Google Play Store. And thus if it isn’t working properly or malfunctions, that needs to be ironed out.
Disabling and uninstalling Google Play Store On Vivo V21
To summarize, you cannot uninstall Google Play Store in most matters as it is bloatware and will return every time you perform a factory reset. Yes, you can disable the app preventing it from functioning, or uninstall its updates, possibly subduing its functions as a whole. Of course, there are some cases when you either accidentally or intentionally uninstall Google Play Store on your Vivo V21. So, here’s how you can actually reset it.
If you have disabled the App?
Let’s consider the first situation where you disabled the Google Play Store app. When disabled, it won’t get any updates and could pose a problem in the functioning of your Vivo V21 as the Play Store is required to update all the apps and stabilize the system as a whole. Here’s how you can enable it so that it runs without any glitches.
- Go to the Settings on your Vivo V21.
- Next up, search for Applications >> Google Play Store possibly under “Show System Apps” settings.
- Tap on Google Play Store and hit the enable button,
- Let the app take some time to realize its stand and get the required updates. And it should start working as normal as it would.
Did you Uninstalled the updates?
If you have uninstalled all the updates w.r.t the Google Play Store, it’s time to go to the app settings to find the updates. Follow the mentioned steps to get the task done.
- Open Google Play Store on your Vivo V21 device.
- Next up, tap on your Profile and proceed to Settings >> Play Store version.
- The system will prompt if there’s any update available. If not, it will say that the app is up to date. If not, the process of downloading and installing the same update should kick start automatically.
- Once done, you should be able to use Google Play Store as normally as you can.
- There will be onscreen instructions that you can follow to get the method done though.
If you have uninstalled the Google Play Store app?
Install the App via APK
This is technically the easiest thing you can do should the Google Play Store app on your Vivo V21 be uninstalled for some reason. Here’s how it works.
- First up, go to APKMirror.com (or other trusted APK websites) and download APK for Google Play Store.
- Remember to enable app installation from unknown sources from within your Vivo V21 phone’s settings.
- Next up, open the downloaded APK file and you should be able to install it.
- Now, open the Google Play Store, sign in using a Google account, and follow the instructions mentioned. And you should be successful in reinstalling the Google Play Store app.
Once the process is over, you should be able to use Google Play Store as usual without any hassle. Turn on auto-updates so that all the apps installed on our system are automatically patched with the latest updates available.
Perform a restore factory
One of the alternatives that you can use to reinstall Google Play Store in case it was uninstalled due to some XYZ reasons is to perform a restore factory. Note that you will be risking data on your Vivo V21 so it’s better to keep a backup of the data you want to preserve before proceeding. Once you are done with it, the Google Play Store and all other pre-loaded apps should return. Here’s how it works.
- Go to Settings on your Vivo V21.
- Proceed to System >> Backup. Note that some devices have a “Backup and Reset” option on the homepage of the Settings app.
- Go to Reset Options and select “Erase All Data (Factory Reset)”.
- You will get another option to “Erase all Data” or “Erase Everything” after which, you will get a prompt for a password or PIN for confirmation.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and you should be able to pull off a factory reset.
- Upon reboot, you will have to set up your Vivo V21 from scratch.
- Check if the Google Play Store is available (which it will) and it’s done.
- Note that there’s a hardware method for resetting as well called the hard reset that you can perform, although do find out the required steps on the internet localized to your smartphone maker and mode.
And that’s the end of our guide on how you can reinstall the Google Play Store on your Vivo V21 based on the use cases mentioned above. Hopefully, you should be able to fix the problem as a whole that was inspired by the Google Play Store to begin with.
Also read: WhatsApp Keeps Crashing On Vivo V21? Do this